The Scientific Committee would like to invite all to submit abstracts to be considered for poster or oral presentation at the Society for Emergency Medicine in Singapore Annual Scientific Meeting / International Resuscitation Science Symposium (SEMS I-ReSS 2016).
We look forward to receiving abstracts pertaining to Emergency Medicine and the following subspecialties:
- Critical Care Medicine
- Disaster Medicine
- Emergency Cardiac Care
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) / Pre-hospital Emergency Care
- Emergency Nursing
- Infectious Diseases
- Information Technology in Emergency Medicine
- Medical Education / Simulation
- Observation Medicine
- Palliative Medicine in the Emergency Department
- Paediatric Emergency Medicine
- Sports Medicine, including Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Wilderness Medicine
Instructions to Authors
9 September 2015
Abstract Submission Open
31 December 2015, 2359hrs (GMT+8)
Abstract Submission Close
8 January 2016
Notification to Authors of Acceptance
14 January 2016
Registration Deadline for Presenting Author
Abstract Submission Format
- All abstracts must be written in the English language and no longer than 300 words.
- We welcome all original articles relating to the research of the practice of Emergency Medicine.
- Submission should contain work that has not been previously published/presented locally.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts an author or group of authors may submit. A structured abstract is preferred for empirical studies (i.e. Objective, Methods, Findings and Conclusions). For abstracts discussing methods, policy, ethics or social issues, an unstructured format is acceptable.
- Authors can choose to submit their abstracts for consideration for oral presentation or poster presentation.
- Registration is compulsory for the author presenting the article at the scientific meeting. Accepted abstracts are only eligible for presentation after receiving full registration fees from the presenting author. Registration should be completed before 14 January 2016. If the registration fees are not received by this date, it is assumed that the abstract is withdrawn.
- The schedule of presentation will be made known to the presenting author closer to the conference dates.
- The deadline for submission of abstract is 31 December 2015, 2359hrs (GMT+8).
Review, Acceptance and Notification
- Submission of abstracts are to be made by filling out the online abstract submission form.
- Tables, figures and graphs are not allowed in the abstract.
- Please limit your abstract to less than 300 words under the following headings: Background/Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusions, Keywords. There should be no more than 5 keywords chosen.
- Do not add lines or space between paragraphs.
- Define abbreviations at their first mention. Thereafter, abbreviations may be used freely. Standard abbreviations such as CXR, ECG, p-value < are allowed.
- Failure to comply with these requirements may exclude the abstract from consideration.
- The organizing and scientific committee reserves the right to edit any details of the abstract submitted as deemed appropriate.
- Receipt of abstract submission will be acknowledged via email.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by an Abstract Review Committee on behalf of the Scientific Programme Committee.
- E-mail notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the corresponding author by 8 January 2016. Authors of accepted abstracts will be informed if their abstract is selected for poster or oral presentation.
- Submission of abstracts will constitute the authors’ consent to have the abstracts published in the official conference proceedings, and where required, editing will be carried out prior to publication.
* If selected for Poster Presentation, the registered presenting author shall arrange for own poster in the following format:
||.bmp, .png, .jpeg, .gif
||1080 pixels (W) x 1677 pixels (H)
||72 dpi or 100 dpi
Rules and Regulations
- Prizes will be awarded for the best poster and best oral presentation at the final day of the conference.
- Judges’ decision will be final.
- All participants agree to abide by the rules and regulations stated in this document. Submissions that fail to follow these will be disqualified.
- All decisions made by the Abstract Review Committee are final.
- The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the rules and regulations when necessary.